Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Arrived around 4h30 at Katie's place greeted by these 2 precious girls. Kayleigh was "pretend baking" all day a special batch of wood cookies and plastic ice cream just in case that I didn't like the painted sparkles... they were delish by the way! We made hairband crafts, took mmmm about 100 pictures of them... couldn't resist.... Had a fabulous diner, thanks Katie, the peanut sauce was fantastic.
We left the girls with Ryan to venture to the movies to see " The Ugly Truth". The 7h30 show was sold out in Barhaven so we ended up going at the Carling one at 9h55. A tad late for a week night, but it was so worth it. Funny, mmmm dreamy, sassy and all!
A good night with Katie, happy she got the night out just to be her, to talk, to laugh and to just enjoy each others company! Love you!
We are planning to do this more often... cheap night movie's is great at $4.20 and we have a few movies on our list to see!
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Imagine being small like a little bug and taking a nap on the top of them! Roasted by the sun and refreshed by the summer breeze.... mmmm I would more say lately they would be the perfect umbrella! ;o)
Monday, July 20, 2009
Translation in English... A double page layout for my dad of us and is mom.
I was really happy and also emotional to find pictures of my grandmother and I realized that I had never scrapped her before. Growing up, when both my grandparents on my dad side were visiting us, they would always stay in my room; I had 2 single beds and it was just perfect for them. They called my room their "hotel suite" and use to leave me a little tip for having different sleeping arrangements during their stay.
These pictures are from our last family visit in July 2000.
I wanted to use all the pick tones of the June Bug collection, they were perfect to match to her Sunday dress. I added only the transparencies from the Lemonade collection. I really started this double page layout as a single with the right page. Once completed I created after the connecting left page with the 2 small pieces of scraps that I had from the right.
When I started scrapbooking, I was always creating double page layouts, but now I really have more fun with the singles, so this was a good challenge to make it a double!
I made a total of 2 single page layouts + 1 double over the weekend for the Scrapbox!
I had so much fun playing with this collection, it's such a colorful collection, but the part it's you can switch it up so much an use an amazing range of colors!
Thursday after teaching my glimmer mist class, I needed a period of "down time" before going to bed and I decided to look for pictures that I had never scrapped before.... This first layout is of us 3 kiddos a morning of X-mas unwrapping gifts! My dad took the pictures, not sure what I was unwrapping as he focused on us.... You can just see the expression of my sister and brother waiting patiently for me to unwrap my gift.... (yes I was one of those that needed to keep all my gift wrappings... just the fun of collecting it!)
That crazy dog is from the Woolies collection of June Bug and the little "chicks" is from the Chip Sticker Shapes collection ... they perfectly represent the 3 of us....
I used Copic Markers to change the color of the white "Fabric" American Thickers to match the rest of the layout! They are the perfect tool if you want to match your title with your layout!
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Love the Glimmer Mist colors used, all the techniques, the mix match of papers, the embellishments and especially the creative way to use Daisy Bucket Scallop 12" X 23" Chipboard Banner to create the album!
Was inspired by Donna Downey when creating this one with all the little pieces of Dictionary texts and Tags that she is using non stop... I truly got hooked on that too! ;o)
Can you just imagine all the little extra pieces of Vintage Treasures you could add to this one? WOW! I can't wait to "junk" it up a notch when the class is over! I think their is only 1 spot left, I know it's short notice but you can always call the store 613-745-2215!
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
- Wake-up 6am - took our showers
- 7h - Car is ready with our bags, we leave!
- 7h30am Timmie's stop at Casselman for Coffee and breakfast
- Arrived around 9h30 to see Loic's Soccer game however the Coaches didn't show up, so perfect time to take a few pictures! Here are my 2 favorite ones... I also have belly shots of him - perfect for 1 page soon! Loic loves bellies!
- 10h15 - pool time @ 86°c it was perfect!
- 12 - rain came out - time for lunch... mmmmmm a mix mash of all my favorites - Thanks Magali!
- 1h - prepping Loic to go with Mamie & pappy overnight to give us an adult afternoon and evening
- 3h45pm - movie "De père en Flic" with Louis-Josée Houde - EXCELLENT for those that speaks French!!! WOW laughing from start to finish!
- 6h15 - Diner at the Cumulus (really good selection, but pricey for what it is)
- 8h pm to 8h45 Car ride to see big house in the neighbourhood - always fun to dream!
- 8h55pm - Came back home to watch Gran Torino with Clint Eastwood, planning to call our friend Melanie (phone # not in Magali's cel and 411 didn't give us the good phone # to reach her)
- 9hpm Magali decides to go to the computer room in the basement to find her phone number
- 9h01pm "@$%U*%^!"... and Magali screams "Their is WATER EVERY WERE IN THE BASEMENT"........
- 9h04 all 4 of us.... to pick up the water - the Sump Pump is "Ka pout"! With all the rain from the past week and especially that afternoon... it was completely dead.
So 25 minutes later we had all the water removed from the floor, protected the computer and all goods still on the floor and then the water started to raise.... PANIC.... the cap of the hole was bolted to the floor and Stephane managed to remove the last 2 bolts before more than 2" was over flowing.... After God knows how many buckets, Rubbermaid bins, corn on the comb pots were brought up to dump in the toilet it was 10h30 when Magali went and got additional help from their neighbours (as they just got also flooded a few weeks prior) and ythinking that maybe they had additional tools to help us. WOW! A force to be reckon with! Both of them - military... they were just what we needed to get us out of the "never ending" water raising from "bip" hole!
At 11h20pm Maxime was able to get a reach of is Insurance Company and they were going to send us a team with a "temp" pump and evaluate what needed to be done. They arrived at 12h15 and they installed the pump and said that all the floor will need to be replaced and Mag and Max made the decision to have a good night of sleep and for them to come back the next day to rip the floors out.
So the moral of this tale... REMEMBER to call your insurance Company if this ever happens to you as they are probably willing to send a team instead of paying "X" thousand's of $$$ in damages!
- 1H35am we finally left to go to bed at my parents, to sleep after a much needed shower!
- Got up at 10h50 (much needed sleep)
- 11h15 Enjoyed a Brunch with my parents and chatted up to 2pm
- 2h15pm - We left for Mag and Max to go replace the pump as Stephane is quite the Handyman of the two - no offence Max ;o) & The girls (Me and Mag) enjoyed the pool
- And finally watched the movie of the previous night and said our goodbyes around 6h30
- 9h10pm "Home sweet home"... not long after that in bed!
I must say that... even with the water flood, it was a fun w-end! Maybe not the most relaxing one, but we had a good time the 4 of us + Lolo!Here's a layout that I finally added the title - was made a few weekends ago with the June Jenni Bowlin kit! It's me and my sister when we were little. I added a few of my favorites that were not included in the kit: Dictionary page, Blank Tag to stamp the title, Mini Sticker Alpha's, Bazzill Swiss Dot Cardstock, Hat Pin, Prima Flowers and Making Memories brads, paper clips and buttons!
Loved the colors of the kit and I can say that one of my favorite techniques currently is to use the Ink applicator of Tim Holtz with the distress inks to change up the colors of tags and cardstock! WOW!
- I can say that yesterday I was walking a little bit like a Robot but today I am much better
- Thursday is my Tattered Angel Glimmer Mist class - I can't wait!
- I have a good w-end planned: Friday and Saturday cropping at the Scrapbox - I think it's sold out on the Friday, but their is still room on the Saturday if you wish to join the fun call us at 613-745-2215!
- Sunday going to the Rideau Carleton Raceway as Stephane and his 501st friends will be there for the CHEO fun day! Bring your kids it's going to be a Fabulous Day filled up with tones of activities for them!
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
I had allot of fun creating this class for the Scrapbox! I know that we have a few spots left, if you wish to either take the class or get a kit please call the store at 613.745.2215
When: Friday July 24 at 6pm
Cost: $29 / $25 for members
PS.... I had my camera yesterday with me at the store, but it slipped my mind to take the pictures of my Glimmer mist Album.... oupsy! Will do that tonight!
Have a happy Wednesday!
Friday, July 3, 2009
They decided to improve this amazing product! Every Glimmer Mist bottles will now have Screen Printed Labels! Same great product with a Fabulous NEW Look!
And speaking of Glimmer Mist.... I will be teaching a class at the Scrapbox July 16th, stay tuned for my post and pics over the w-end! If you visit the store.... you can physically see it there!
Have a fabulous w-end, cropping tonight at the late night crop!