Monday, July 20, 2009

Basic Grey June Bug - Scrappy weekend - take #2

{Sweet Memories} - Ceci est pour toi papa! Étant donné, que tu viens visiter mon blog une fois de temps en temps.... que tu aimerais ce projet de nous avec grand-maman. Je t'aime ta grande xx

Translation in English... A double page layout for my dad of us and is mom.

I was really happy and also emotional to find pictures of my grandmother and I realized that I had never scrapped her before. Growing up, when both my grandparents on my dad side were visiting us, they would always stay in my room; I had 2 single beds and it was just perfect for them. They called my room their "hotel suite" and use to leave me a little tip for having different sleeping arrangements during their stay.

These pictures are from our last family visit in July 2000.


I wanted to use all the pick tones of the June Bug collection, they were perfect to match to her Sunday dress. I added only the transparencies from the Lemonade collection. I really started this double page layout as a single with the right page. Once completed I created after the connecting left page with the 2 small pieces of scraps that I had from the right.

When I started scrapbooking, I was always creating double page layouts, but now I really have more fun with the singles, so this was a good challenge to make it a double!


I played with the Tattered Angel Screens and Glimmer mists to create my background. I added also some dictionary pages with Gel medium and ripped off parts of it before it was completely dry and it created the perfect transfer. Once they were dried I added a bit of Crackle paint to cover some of the text.

Used the Invisible paper from Heidi Swapp with the Tim Holtz Distress Inks and then added glimmer mist. I have also added Crystal Lacquer and stickles to part of the pattern papers.
The leaves & flowers are from the amazing Doilies Flowers part of the new collection of Die Cut papers of Basic Grey.

I love all the little extra bits.... The Prima flower, Heidi Swapp Big Blings & heart mirror and the pearl strips were the perfect touch.

On the berries of the Die cut papers I added Dew Drops for extra dimension.
I usually don't put journaling, but will do for this one.
Je t'aime Grand-maman et papa, merci pour ces beaux moments et souvenirs.
Stéphanie xxoo

4 comments:

Louise Dubord said...

Gorgeous, as usual.
Have a good week Stechie!

Kataroo said...

DROOLING!!!!!!!!

Laura Evangeline said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

J'ai beaucoup apprécié l'attention que tu as eu de mettre ces photos en scapbooking. Je suis certain que grand-maman aurait bien aimé cela.
Bye Papa