Monday, July 20, 2009

Basic Grey June Bug - Scrappy weekend - take #2

{Sweet Memories} - Ceci est pour toi papa! Étant donné, que tu viens visiter mon blog une fois de temps en temps.... que tu aimerais ce projet de nous avec grand-maman. Je t'aime ta grande xx

Translation in English... A double page layout for my dad of us and is mom.

I was really happy and also emotional to find pictures of my grandmother and I realized that I had never scrapped her before. Growing up, when both my grandparents on my dad side were visiting us, they would always stay in my room; I had 2 single beds and it was just perfect for them. They called my room their "hotel suite" and use to leave me a little tip for having different sleeping arrangements during their stay.

These pictures are from our last family visit in July 2000.


I wanted to use all the pick tones of the June Bug collection, they were perfect to match to her Sunday dress. I added only the transparencies from the Lemonade collection. I really started this double page layout as a single with the right page. Once completed I created after the connecting left page with the 2 small pieces of scraps that I had from the right.

When I started scrapbooking, I was always creating double page layouts, but now I really have more fun with the singles, so this was a good challenge to make it a double!


I played with the Tattered Angel Screens and Glimmer mists to create my background. I added also some dictionary pages with Gel medium and ripped off parts of it before it was completely dry and it created the perfect transfer. Once they were dried I added a bit of Crackle paint to cover some of the text.

Used the Invisible paper from Heidi Swapp with the Tim Holtz Distress Inks and then added glimmer mist. I have also added Crystal Lacquer and stickles to part of the pattern papers.
The leaves & flowers are from the amazing Doilies Flowers part of the new collection of Die Cut papers of Basic Grey.

I love all the little extra bits.... The Prima flower, Heidi Swapp Big Blings & heart mirror and the pearl strips were the perfect touch.

On the berries of the Die cut papers I added Dew Drops for extra dimension.
I usually don't put journaling, but will do for this one.
Je t'aime Grand-maman et papa, merci pour ces beaux moments et souvenirs.
Stéphanie xxoo

3 comments:

Louise Dubord said...

Gorgeous, as usual.
Have a good week Stechie!

Kataroo said...

DROOLING!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

J'ai beaucoup apprécié l'attention que tu as eu de mettre ces photos en scapbooking. Je suis certain que grand-maman aurait bien aimé cela.
Bye Papa