Sunday, October 5, 2008

Bad Girls Class #4 - Accessorizing!

BEAUTIFUL GIRL: Class 4 Accessorizing

UNITY: I have created with the vertical lavender ribbon and the fabric title tag "a cross" that centers and frames the picture. The picture, the title and the doll chipboard shape is unified with the background layers of paper.

HARMONY is achieved through the circular similar elements in this LO. From the round paper clip, to the button, to the large fabric brad to the final epoxy brad to the bottom right corner. Harmony is also achieved through the soft color palette that matches my photo and that is combined with the scallops elements on the layout (doily, metal trim, scallop background paper and scallop ribbon). I have also placed my little "round groupings" and the "bling" to create a visual triangle.

BALANCE: The top left side grouping balances the bottom left side grouping to the right bottom one! The are all similar in size to draw the focus to the picture.
TEXTURE: Love, love...LOVE texture! In really life you would have a blast running your fingers from one side to the other! I used crystal lacquer on the chipboard doll, Epoxy brads, velvet and satin ribbon, embossed paper that feels like pure cotton, fabric brad and tag, fussy flower and the metal strip. The papers are also distressed this adds a great deal of texture.

The little chipboard "girl/woman" symbol was the perfect touch for this page!
Happy Sunday!
Off the clean sweep my scrapbook stuff and organized my room!
Hugs
Stéphanie xx

6 comments:

Kataroo said...

so very girly and pretty just like you!!!

Anonymous said...

Oooooh, I love this. so pretty and feminine and that photo is beautiful too. Wow! Good luck in the next round!

Diva Loca said...

purrrrrrrrrrrrrrty! i love the colours (go figure) ;)
I agree - that chipboard girl is perfect. good thing I bought one on friday eh???

we have a HB date baby oh la la...

Closet Artist said...

Another fantastic creation! Still keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Thank you for the wonderful class Friday night. You ARE an excellent teacher!!!

Kataroo said...

yippppeeeeeee you made it!!

Lynette Jacobs said...

Wow I love this. You have a knack for putting all the little accents in all the perfect places.