Thursday, August 28, 2008

Dealing with Maya not being with us anymore... + other news

Well it is now almost one week since Maya is no longer with us and yes it is really difficult on us. Adapting to a house that is "not animated" with this special fur ball... following us every where... is truly harder that we had thought it would be.

It's difficult for both of us. We are always wondering if Maya is just in another room or hiding. Looking at his "favorite spots" and not seeing him is another thing that is hard. To remember all the good times or why he was so special to us is what we are trying to do... to move on.

In the past days we also remembered more memories of him... How we would snuggel with Stéphane on the coach or the chair using his full body, how he would play the piano with my open boxes of my scrapbooking kits received, loving to be scratched on his chin, running after wrapped candies and breying them back to us (as a teenager!), rubbing his face on my feet when I was waking up or out of the shower, lifting his uper lip as a sign of "Stop playing with me I just want relaxe now" or just waking up and having one eye open!

I wanted to say a special THANKS to all the heartfelt comments for the last post. It is really appreciated, mented alot to us and touched both our hearts. Also THANK YOU to friends that were just their to listen to me or offered their shoulder, hugs and the comforting tap on the hand ~ especially you, Mellisa.

Next week we are planning of adopting a little kitten and we just can wait to spoil him with our love and care. Looking for a male grey tabby kitten, 3 names picked we just need to see him to figure what we will select.

This weekend we are travelling to Montréal to see my family and our friends. The plan is simple: To ENJOY the weekend and relax! Saturday is not really planned yet but I know that we will be with Magali, Maxime and Loic. Sunday is a busy day! It's the birthday party for Loic and he will be 3! Then in the evening Magali and me are going to see Celine Dion! Our boys gave us the tickets for Valentines day! We just can't wait! Monday my parents will be back from New Brunswick and we will celebrate their wedding anniversary and my brothers birthday! After that vroom vrom back to Ottawa to enjoy the rest of the long w-end!

On a creating note:
Creating is really hard this week. The past days I was surfing lost of blogs to get the "creative juices" flowing again~! I think I'm ready now and tonight it's the night! The only thing that I managed to do this week was to cut fabrics for my fabric swap on "Bad Girls" and creating special ATC's as a "Enjoy" the fabrics and thanks for playing along to all 12 girls! This was my first official swap and really enjoyed it! My little ATC are really similar from the ones I made last week, but they have added benefits to them! Each participant got their name on it and on the back i added my photo, my blog link, the date, a special memo and their batch number for the set 12.



2 post ago I was referring to "my things to do" list... Well one thing done and now Sonoma accordion album and Jenni Bowling kit, here I come!!!!
Enjoy your day and w-end I don't think I will post until Monday!
Hugs
Stéphanie xx
P.S. I know it's a long one, but I guess I needed to chat!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steph, I'm glad you have a great support network to help you through. Enjoy the weekend with family... and I can't wait to see you at the Scrapbox on Friday. :)

Anonymous said...

Bonne fin de semaine ma belle. Prends soin de toi et Stephane.

Bon cours et bon scrapping.

Jane D.

Jenn Langlois said...

I hope you have a fantabadooby weekend and enjoy life again. Have a great time at the concert and sing your heart out with Celine.

Music cures all sorts of ills...

hugs

Jenn

Rachel said...

I LOVE THIS POST! I LOVE YOU!

Have a great relaxing weekend my sweet friend... you are always a ray of sunshine even when you feel not so bright. Had a great visit yesturday, and looking forward to my B-day celebration!

HUGS
R
XOOX

Mellisa said...

I second what Rachel said .. I love you too. HUGS and LOVE my wonderful friend. I can't wait to meet your new furry addition and have to admit .. I am intrigued as to what your three names are.

Kataroo said...

I am so sad for you and Stephane......so sad....glad your getting a kitty to fill with your love...and your ATC's are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Hello Steph

I am a Scrapbox Studio member and I happen to have a male grey and white kitten that I'm trying to find a home for. I rescued him and his two brothers from a campground when he was 5 weeks old. "Mom" had been scared off and hadn't been around for a couple of days. I was at the beach with my kids and all they talked about was the kittens. I finally caved and helped my kids rescue the kittens. I found a home for one kitten and we are keeping a kitten. I have this cute little guy left. He is now 9 weeks old and looking for a loving home.

Sandra Gloss